Internal Auditing: Assurance & Advisory Services
Internal Auditing: Assurance & Advisory Services, Third Edition, continues to be the premier international textbook that supports the fast-growing global profession of internal auditing. Written through the collaboration of educators and practitioners, this textbook serves as a cornerstone for internal audit education. It covers key fundamentals of internal auditing that can be applied in an ever-changing business world, serving as a reference and training tool for internal audit practitioners.
The textbook is organized in three sections: Fundamental Internal Audit Concepts, Conducting Internal Audit Engagements, and Case Studies. It is accompanied by a DVD-ROM containing case studies, The IIA’s Code of Ethics and International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and the leading generalized audit software packages, ACL, IDEA, and CCH TeamMate. Supplemental teaching materials are available for instructors upon request.
THE THIRD EDITION HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT:
- The latest release of The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and COSO’s updated Internal Control – Integrated Framework
- Emerging practices relating to governance, risk management, and control
- The Three Lines of Defense model and how internal audit is positioned to add value within it
- Emerging IT-related concepts and references to new Global Technology Audit Guides (GTAGs), the Guide to the Assessment of IT Risk (GAIT), and COBIT® 5
- Fraud guidance provided in Managing the Business Risk of Fraud: A Practical Guide (cosponsored by The IIA, the AICPA, and the ACFE)
- A customized approach to conducting consulting engagements, which aligns with the latest IPPF
- Internal audit’s use of TeamMate, the most widely used audit management software (included on a DVD-ROM).
Previous editions have been translated into French, Spanish, and Japanese and adopted by many universities around the world. This third edition promises to build on the success of this bestseller, significantly contributing to the internal audit profession’s body of knowledge and introducing students to the dynamic world of internal auditing.
- Verlag: IIA Research Foundation
- Erschienen 2013
- Hardcover: 380 Seiten
- Sprache: English
- nicht verfügbar